UPDATE: VooDoo Fest Sunday Gigs Canceled. November 1st goes down as the first ever Voodoo Fest "Rain or Shine" event canceled due to dangerous conditions the weather wrought. "Saturday was kind of fun in this slop," said one fan as he mucked through the mud Halloween night. Refunds for passes and parking are offered. Many bands are looking for new venues in the NOLA area.
Known gigs so far:
- Quickie Mart with Unicorn Fukr at the Dragon's Den during Church for a late-night set. Get details on Facebook.
- Title Fight at 7 p.m. for a house show in Metairie. Entry is $5. Get details on Facebook.
- The Ludlow Thieves will join Cary Hudson and Joe Kile at Siberia for an early show at 6 p.m. Get details on Facebook
As for Ozzy... The Ozzman Rocked!
Not only did he show, he killed it. You have to love Ozzy, the rocker who pours a bucket of water over his head when buckets are pouring from the sky and drops to his knees in a humble bow to an audience who worships him. He ended a set of favorites including Iron Man with Crazy Train and two encores, Mamma I'm Coming Home and Paranoid,
WhenOctober 30-Nov 1
WhereNew Orleans' City Park
At the Gate Prices$125 per day or $250 for all three days
2015 Lineup includs 70 confirmed acts
Ozzy Osbourne backed by Geezer Butler on bass and guitarist Slash, Florence + the Machine, the Zac Brown Band, Tom Morello and Slash, the Skrillex / Diplo duo Jack Ü, Jane's Addiction and Deadmau5. They'll join Santigold, Modest Mouse, Jason Isbell, Girl Talk, the Cult, Duke Dumont, Giorgio Moroder, Slightly Stoopid, Yelawolf, Fishbone, Third Eye Blind (headliner of the first ever Voodoo fest!), Chance the Rapper, Gerard Way, Alesso and many more.
Locals on the billJazz trumpeter Terence Blanchard and his E-Collective, Dumpstaphunk, St. Cecilia's Asylum Chorus, Flow Tribe, the Mississippi Rail Company, the Deejays Hello Negro and Quickie Mart, Tysson, and the Soul Rebels with Brooklyn rapper Joey Bada$$.
Don’t let the clear skies Friday fool you. Saturday and Sunday will be more than NOLA muggy, In fact the weather not even fit for ducks. The rain is forecast to be accompanied by heavy storms, winds, and tornado watches.
Already bought tickets? Already there? (*high five*) This is a rain or shine event. Wear warm clothes, boots, and a slicker—umbrellas are not allowed—and Rock On!
Need to know
- Security Search at Gate: Yes, bring ID; no drugs, alcohol, food or drink, eyedrops, kites, tents, umbrellas,professional cameras /recording.
- Bring an empty water bottle and fill up free.
- No camping this year
- .Parking: No
- Onsite parking only available to some VIP ticket holders; Shuttle from LSU Med center (parking $60-70) or the Hyatt if a guest; or take your chance on the streets (car towed? 504.565.7450)
- Lockers: Yes
- Food: On location featuring traditional New Orleans fare
- Bicycle Racks: Yes; download free bicycle map here